Are you ready to sell your house, but it needs a little bit of maintenance before it can go on the market? Here is a short list of places to focus your attention to get your home ready to go on the market:
1. Landscaping: Mow the lawn, it is amazing the difference a freshly cut lawn makes in photos. Trim back the bushed from the windows and porches, allowing the buyer to see all of the beautiful features of your home. Do you have a tree that is laying against the roof? Trim that up, not only is it unsightly, but it causes damage to the roof.
2. Exterior maintenance: Clean the gutters, this is a quick and inexpensive way to immediately boost your curb appeal. Also, clean off the roof, especially here in NC where the pine needles collect quickly. Peeling paint? Scrape and repaint the areas in need of attention or the whole house. Soffits and fascia rotting? Clean those up and replace rotten wood. A little power washing will go a long way. Remember, you never get a second chance to make a first impression.
3. Housekeeping: A clean, good smelling house goes a long way. Give your house an intense top to bottom clean. Don’t miss the base boards, blinds, or ceiling fans. Be sure to wash all of the windows as well.
4. De-clutter: An overabundance of things tells a buyer that there is not enough space in your house for their things. Make sure that kitchen and bathroom counters are clean and clutter free. Put away all appliances that you do not use daily.
5. Daily Cleaning: Get in the habit of making the beds, putting away laundry, and doing the dishes daily. You won’t want to run home from work to make the bed for an unexpected showing!
If you have a house that is in disrepair and you need to sell it but don’t want to fool with the maintenance, call us today. We will buy your old, outdated house quickly. 919.514-1002!
(yes, that is the same house!)